Quilt Top Preparation
Good results start with good preparation.
- Trim all loose threads. You don't want these to poke through to the top.
- Press quilt top. Make sure that seams are pressed flat without twists.
- Quilt top should be square and lay flat. Borders that are wavy before quilting will be wavy after quilting. No you can't just quilt it out!
- If you are embellishing your quilt with buttons, crystals, beads, etc please leave these off and apply them after quilting.
- If you have a border-less quilt or pieced borders please stay stitch ¼ inch from the edge of the quilt. This will keep your seams from being pulled apart during the quilting process.
- Please mark the top of the quilt with a safety pin.
- Backing and batting should be 10 inches wider and 10 inches longer than the quilt top.
- Sheets do not make acceptable quilt backs. You will not be happy with the results.
- Remove selvages from backing fabric. Use a ½ inch seam allowance, press seams open.
- Do not pin layers together. Each piece should be separate.
If you need assistance with the backing preparations I will be happy to assist. There will be a fee of $25/hour for this service.